Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

9.01.2011

My (sort of) Bucket List

I've always kind of wanted to make a bucket list, and I've been noticing on other people's blogs that they have a 30 Before 30 tab. Much less morbid than "Things to do before I die", plus I work better with timelines anyway. I turn 30 in a little under 3 years, but I figure there's still a lot I can accomplish before then. Some of these things are already in the works, and I know I will complete them. Others probably won't happen, but I would like to do all of these things by June 2014. I'll be updating as each one is completed!

  1. Complete my master's degree. (halfway there)
  2. Start a family. (bun in the oven)
  3. Read through all of the bible. (I'm working on this and am already almost through Genesis. My bible actually has a 3 year plan in the front, but I'm reading a little more right now since I'm home all the time and can.)
  4. Learn to cook and actually prepare meals for my family at least once or twice a week.
  5. Decorate my house.
  6. Develop closer relationships with some of my coworkers and church friends. I REALLY need to do this, and I don't think I've been putting forth the effort friendships take.
  7. Pay off my student loans (maybe a dream, but I'm putting it here anyway).
  8. Start a girl's bible study for the teens at my church.
  9. Visit New York at Christmastime.
  10. Go to Busch Gardens and ride all of the roller coasters!
  11. Go to a college football game again - not too picky about who's playing.
  12. Go back to Key West and try snorkling!
  13. Visit an aquarium I haven't been to.
  14. Learn to make cake pops.
  15. Bake and decorate a cake.
  16. Eat healthier (funny placement, I know!)
  17. Take a cruise.
  18. Visit a foreign country that is NOT a part of North America (i.e. anything other than Mexico and Canada)
  19. Go on another mission trip.
  20. Become Teacher of the Year at least at my school (Hey, I can dream!)
  21. Level and reorganize my classroom library.
  22. Refinish furniture in the guest bedroom.
  23. Read at least 5 bestselling books (adult books) a year.
    1. 2011 - Read The Help, Water for Elephants, House Rules, and My Sister's Keeper. Working through Safe Haven.
  24. Buy a new car - not new to me, completely new.
  25. Build up 6 month's worth of salary in savings (advice from Crown Financial Ministries - if you haven't heard of it, you should really look into taking one of their classes. AMAZING!)
  26. Participate in a flash mob.
  27. Sew my own decorative pillows and (maybe) curtains.
  28. Enter some creation into the state fair.
  29. Copy all of my teaching files onto an external hard drive and/or cds.
  30. Reach 100 followers on my blog (you can help me with this one!!)

No comments: