Yes, I'm posting mid-day, which means - you guessed it - no school AGAIN. This time, a dam apparently broke and there was 5 feet of water in some places, so nobody went in. I guess I begin my weekend early and will meet my kids on Monday...unless, of course, some mysterious volcano appears and erupts in New Kent as well. I'm starting to think anything can happen to postpone the start of school. And I feel horrible for the people who actually live there and are going through all this. Over 1000 lost power AGAIN after just getting it back with at least a week's wait. At least the clouds have finally passed, and today is beautiful!
It's crazy to think I'm almost finished with this challenge. Today I'm sharing my four favorite books with you!
The Help by Katheryn Stockett- Most of you have read this recently, but it's one of the best things I've read in a long time. Amazing, and if you haven't already read it, you really need to!

Persuasion by Jane Austen - Last summer, I decided to read through all of her major novels. This was my favorite. Now I just wish they would remake the movie. The girl who played Anne Elliot was just unfortunate looking and bothered me.
Educating Esme: Diary of a Teacher's First Year by Esme Raji Codell - We were assigned this book to read in college, and I love it! I actually have given it to other new teachers to read. If you're a teacher and haven't read it, do so please! Esme is the kind of teacher I wish I could be, and she says and does everything I wish I had the guts to say and do! She also has a few children's books out. I read Diary of a Fairy Godmother, and it was pretty good. Great for pre-teen girls!

And finally, the entire Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis - My favorite is Voyage of the Dawn Treader, but they really are all great. P.S. If you saw the movies, Voyage of the Dawn Treader is MUCH better in the book. I left the movie very upset at how they changed things!

I have a million other books that I love, but these fall on my list of books I really want other people to read. I'm actually heading to the library later today (when I actually get ready for the day) because they finally have a copy of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I borrowed Hunger Games from a friend about a month ago and couldn't put it down, and I've been searching like crazy for the other books. Can't wait to read it, and I guess I should go ahead and start looking for Mockingjay now. Have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment