Alright, a few blogs I follow have been doing this the past few weeks, but I had so much to blog about already that I decided to wait and start it at the beginning of the month. Today, I'm supposed to share ten secrets (I'm assuming about me, not other people ;-). For those of you who've known me for a while, these probably aren't secrets to you anymore, but they're not things I usually share with other people.
- I was
deathlyafraid of dogs for years. One jumped on me when I was 2, and Steven had to beg and plead for three years before I let him have a dog. It was supposed to be an outdoors dog, but Copper, a beagle, quickly won me over! Unfortunately he died a year after we got him (was a rescue dog and turned out to be much older than we were originally told. Now we have John and Rudy, two 50 pound dogs, and people think it's hilarious that I love them so much! - Growing up, I wanted to be a secret agent. I still think it would be cool, but I don't think I'm very qualified. I'll just live vicariously through Chuck.
- I LOVE football and get a kick out of watching the surprise on a guy's face when I can keep up with them and even add my own two cents. I play Yahoo's College Football Pick'em with my brother-in-laws and usually crush them...always fun!
- I refuse to eat carrots on the sole basis that the nickname "Carrot-Top" offends me. Who knows if I like them? Maybe I'm stubborn, but that's how it's going to be...
- I'm terrified of needles and pass out. My mom had to take me to get shots up until I got married and she wasn't around to take me. Now I've learned I can lay down and not pass out, but I still hate them.
- I would rather read a children's novel than an adult book. I'm getting better about this now that I've read a few AMAZING adult books recently, but I would usually prefer a kid's book.
- I really want to find a close friend here, but I can't seem to motivate myself to work at relationships enough. It's hard going from college where everyone's meeting new people to a place where relationships are already established. I have people I can hang out with but no one yet that I feel I've really bonded with and can go to about anything. It frustrates me.
- I'm a very picky eater. And that's after I've improved...
- I don't want to live further north than Virginia. Part of it's the lack of sweet tea, although I rarely order it at restaurants anyway. It mainly has to do with the fact that I HATE being cold. I know you can always add more clothes, but when my fingers and nose are so cold they hurt, I'm miserable. I'll come visit.
- I'm not very creative when it comes to crafts with my kids. I hardly do them because I can't come up with worthwhile ideas, and I've always felt bad when clases around me were doing cool things and my kids had nothing. Now that I'm addicted to Pinterest, I've found a plethora of ideas that I could do in the classroom. Today, I found this one from Women's Day that I can't wait to do!

No comments:
Post a Comment