Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

7.18.2012

Summer fun and another giveaway

It seems like all the fun activities for the summer are getting crammed in to this week! Steven was off Monday, so we hung out. Then yesterday, a friend of mine from college was in town and spent the day with Keagan and I. We went to Gibson's Grill (home of my coveted Irish Nachos) for lunch since it's close to Steven's office. Then we browsed Barnes and Noble (no new books for me since I have a HUGE back-up of books at home right now), and we ended the evening at Sweet Frog - yum!

Sweet Frog Premium Frozen Yogurt

Keagan even got to try some, although he wasn't much of a fan of the cold. Sorry, no pics...

Today, Keagan and I joined the girls and kids from our small group at the bowling alley. Did you know that kids can bowl 2 games a day for FREE at AMF? You just have to pay for shoe rentals. We just went for the social time, but the older kids (2-4) bowled. It was fun to watch, and I know Keagan will love it very soon, maybe next year?

He's very worn out, plus he's got another tooth coming through, so I had just enough time to feed him before he had a melt-down and went down for his nap. I hope this tooth comes through quickly...poor little guy!

Tonight I get to hang out with the girls from work, and this weekend one of my college roomies will be staying with us. She's actually the reason Steven and I met! They were show choir partners in high school, and he came to visit her in college. We got stuck together (literally), and God decided it would be funny to take it from there! Anyway, it's their 10 year high school reunion (I didn't make it to mine earlier this year), so she came up for it. We're being lame and sitting it out, but it's neat that we get to spend time with her anyway!

Oh, and I've been going through all of the other posts from the Must Read Picture Books linky slowly but surely. I've found a lot of great book recommendations and a few new blogs that I would've never stumbled across otherwise. One of them, Dani, is actually celebrating her 50 followers with a giveaway! 



Then I also stumbled across Patti and her 100 follower giveaway!



Both of these are great new blogs with AMAZING giveaways, so PLEASE click on the links and check them out!

1 comment:

Love to Learn said...

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I know I'm commenting on the wrong post but I wanted to know your list also had great suggestions (huge Mo Willems fan!) and thanks for the heads-up about these giveaways!


Love to Learn