Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

7.10.2012

Reading preparation and Insanity

So I've been back for a week and feel like I'm starting to truly get into the groove of summer break! However, I'll be at the school on and off all summer. We're implementing Daily 5 and Cafe full force (as in our entire school is dropping the textbooks, yay!!), so I'm on a team to put together training for the week before teachers officially go back.
The Daily Five

If you haven't already seen it, there is a book study going on over at We Read, We Blog, We Teach, go check it out! They're on chapter 4, but you can look back at the previous chapters. I really need to catch up and look through the book again!



We Read, We Blog, We Teach

Also, I'm trying to prepare for my new job as a reading specialist. Yesterday I met with our previous specialist to see what we have and go over a quick review of what's expected of me. I'm in search of blogs from other reading specialists, so if you know of any good ones, please let me know!

In other news, I haven't talked about my weight-loss in a while because it's been at a stand-still. I joined a group on the myfitnesspal app that's trying to lose 10 pounds in a month. Then I found this site on Pinterest that has links to a bunch of workout videos on some Chinese youtube-type thing. The video is the real thing, you just can't read anything on the website. Thank God for universal symbols though! So I did a little bit of Zumba, but I've heard a lot about how Insanity really kicks your butt and shows results. I tried to do the fit test twice last week. The first time I made it through about 5 minutes (maybe). The second I got to the first water break 10 minutes in and quit. I talked to a friend of mine who's doing the videos and she said to just take it a lot slower than them and use the pause button, so I decided to go for it again. I took a TON of breaks, but I made it to the end of the fit test today! I'm going to try some of the other videos later this week. I'm determined to get back into my old clothes and pack up ALL of my maternity stuff!

4 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

I love that site with the Chinese videos. I suspect someone will see it from one of the big video companies and shut it down. There is a lower belly pilates video that is really good too!

Teacher Mom of 3 said...

I'm your newest follower! I admire your dedication to fitness! I just can't seem to get motivated and my oldest "baby" is 18! Here's a great blog by a specialist/interventionist-
http://helloliteracy.blogspot.com/
She is very professional and cutting edge! I've learned a lot from her.
Lauren
Teacher Mom of 3

Andrea Crawford said...

So glad you found my blog! What part of Richmond are you in? I used to live there when I was in high school. I wish I had some pointers from the Reading Specialist before me, but she really did not do much that would help. I have had to create the program on my own. This year I will implement new things. A good blog I like is http://conversationsinliteracy.blogspot.com/. You should go check her out! Good luck!!

Northern Mama from the South said...

Wow! I just found your blog after reading A Wedding Story. I teach sixth grade and have been thinking about getting my reading certificate. We've been doing insanity for five weeks now also to get rid of some baby weight. You've reminded me to blog on it. Glad to find you!!