Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

8.31.2012

Open House

Teacher work week is over, and Tuesday is the first day back for the kiddies!

We always have an "open house" during Friday's workday. Really it's for kindergarteners and new students, but we always have A TON of kids show up. I love it because I always have former students come by to see me!

Since I changed positions over the summer, my students left thinking I'd still be teaching 4th grade, so I was a little bummed that they would go to my old room and not find me. However, I had quite a few students that took the time to ask where I was and visit anyway! That helped my mood a lot. I still missed having my own students to greet, though. I won't have an official group until later in September.

My room is REALLY coming together, also. I ordered my rug that I blogged about here earlier this week, and I just got an email that it's waiting to be picked up at Walmart already!! They said it wouldn't be here until Sept 5 at the earliest. That's my big finishing touch, so I can post final pictures of the room next week!

Now it's time to enjoy my last weekend of summer. Anybody have big plans this weekend? I plan on sleeping in and maybe indulging in more yummy food than I have been.

Did I ever mention I've lost 20 pounds since February? (Sorry, I had to brag. I'm SUPER excited about it! I actually squealed when I got on the scale, and Steven was scared something had happened.) Only 6 more to go before I'm at pre-pregnancy weight!

No comments: