Yay! It's the first day of Teacher Week over at Blog Hoppin', and it's all about Must-haves!
One of my new favorite must-haves is my amazing pencil sharpener. You've probably seen them around.
I got one at the end of the year and am so excited about it! I had a little trouble trying to figure it out last week, but then I realized I was just turning the handle the wrong way. Oops! It sharpens so quickly, and it just gets loose whenever the pencil is sharp. I love it! Click on the link below to check it out. They now come in green, blue, and red!
To keep me organized this year, I'm starting to use more binders. Around the end of the year, I started kind of switching to them because every time I'd take out my file folders or try to add a paper to them, they would get all messed up in the filing cabinet. I found these super-cute binder covers from Lyndsey at A Year of Many Firsts, and then I edited them so I have one for each grade level, one for graphic organizers, and another for the SOLs.
She also has really cute chevron binder covers! I actually threw out the ones I had made for my store to get these because I just loved them so much!
And finally, since the school is moving toward using Daily 5 and CAFE, I just HAVE to have a cute CAFE board, and I chose to go with Kristen's at Ladybug's Teacher Files.
I used the lined paper to type all of the strategies, and I'm getting them laminated to use in my room with the board. Since my students will only be in the room occasionally with me pushing in more frequently and their teachers will be adding the strategies in mini-lessons, I'm going to go ahead and have a full CAFE board all year. That way they can use it and see all of the strategies when they're in my room. I promise to provide pictures when it's all up - hopefully by the end of the week!
Go link up and see what everyone else's must-haves are. Then remember to check it out tomorrow for some technology tips!



No comments:
Post a Comment