Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

8.27.2012

Back to School, at least for the teachers

Today was our convocation and first day back for teacher work week. Boo! I know most of you are already back, but I was still in denial that the summer was ending. I'm in a very small school system, so we still have one big convocation (which we all attend in the HS auditorium since there's only one high school and four schools total). I've been pleasantly surprised with the keynote speakers they've had the past few years, and this year was no different. But the big exciting news was our next special guest - Darrell Green! For those who don't know (and I fell into that category, too, even though I like football), Darrell Green played for the Redskins, is an NFL Hall of Famer, and is still considered the fastest man in football (or, at least, that's what I heard). Anyway, he spoke about his program, WalkFit Health, which our school is going to be partnering with along with our new healthcare. They school system signed us all up, which also meant that we each got pedometers to wear, and then we were all invited to walk the track with Darrell. I didn't - didn't feel like packing an extra pair of shoes, and I wasn't going to walk in heels - but we all had to get our pedometers in the gym, so I did take the opportunity to get my picture with him!


I feel a little yucky in it, but oh well. Hopefully I'll be able to take some time in the room to work on leveling my books and finishing up my room. I did buy some pretty duct tape to hold up my "bulletin boards" since I don't have actual boards. I think it'll be cute!

Okay, time to relax with Keagan!

No comments: