Today is Free for all Friday at Blog Hoppin', but I killed my computer at the end of the school year and don't have ANY of my files at home. Sooo, I'm not prepared to share anything free...sorry! If you want to find some cool stuff, click over there and see what people are posting! I plan on spending some time over there after I get my homework finished for my master's (yes, I put off my only summer assignment until right before I went back to school. Don't judge...you know you've done it too!).
I've been up since Steven left for work this morning getting clothes washed (in case we lose power and can't later) and making Rice Krispie Treats! This is the first time I've ever made them, at least since helping my mom in the kitchen when I was little, so I thought I'd share the recipe. I printed it from the Rice Krispies website, but this is in my own words and with suggestions I wish it had included.
You will need:
3 tablespoons of butter/margarine
4 cups of mini-marshmallows OR 10 oz bag of large marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies (I used the cheap Kroger brand. Doesn't make a difference.)
1 LARGE saucepan (the bigger it is, the easier to stir everything)
Directions:
Melt the butter into the saucepan on LOW heat. When it's at least mostly melted, add the marshmallows and stir them into the butter.
Keep stirring until it is COMPLETELY melted, then take it off the heat. It will smell delicious at this point!
Add 6 cups of Rice Krispies. I would only add one cup at a time and mix it into the melted butter and marshmallows. It's easier to get the stickyness on all parts. I added them all at once, and I had trouble getting the clumps of stickyness to the top and middle of the Rice Krispies. Move the treats to a large pan, and smooth out evenly. I used the spatula I was stirring with, but I think it was weak from the heat and pressure. The top snapped off while I was using it to pat down the treats. The recipe also said you could just use wax paper to smooth it down. Don't use your fingers because it will just stick to you!
Let it sit and cool before cutting, and you're ready to go! I can't wait to eat them, but we're supposed to be having a youth sponsor get-together tonight, so I'm behaving and staying away.
I guess I should be preparing more for the hurricane. I can live without power for a few days (not happily, but I can do it), I just hope we don't lose water. We didn't run to the store (I laugh at those people), but that might bite us if this gets bad. I hope my friends were good and prepared because we might have to use them if things do get bad. Apparently my school is already closing early today, and they're moving Convocation to Wednesday in preparation for storms and power outages (I think they may have already lost power today). Uh oh!
No comments:
Post a Comment