Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

4.28.2011

I'm back!

Our computer is still being worked on (hopefully Steven's coworkers can save it), but Steven got his old laptop from college out today. It's actually running really well, so we're back!

Oh, but we figured out what probably caused the computer to crash in the first place...BLACKBOARD! Who knew my homework site wasn't secure? Well, now I do. Be careful if you have to post homework. Steven's IT guys said to make an account that's just user (not admin) on your computer and use it when working on blackboard. I'm not too thrilled that I got a virus from posting homework though.

During our break from technology, I did get the chance to start and finish Water for Elephants. It was an interesting book, but very graphic. I guess it had to be if it was going to be realistic to circus life during the Great Depression. I'm not completely sure how I feel about the book yet. I was definitely intrigued by it, but I wouldn't say it's one of the best books I've ever read. I think the main reason for that is that it's pretty depressing though. I will say that it ended on a higher note and caught me off guard with the way it was done! I don't want to see the movie until I hear from other people that read the book though. I hate watching movies that change the book up a lot. It drives me crazy!

No comments: