Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

4.14.2012

Keagan Goes to the Beach

Steven and I decided to make a trip to Virginia Beach today with Keagan. We ate at Big Sam's on Rudee Inlet, which has DELICIOUS food, especially the peanut butter pie which I did not think to take a picture of. Theirs looks so much better. It even had a peanut butter cup!

Keagan was a little fussy there, but Steven really wanted good seafood. I'm not much of a seafood person (actually by not much, I mean I don't eat it at all), but I had a simple grilled cheese that I enjoyed. The pie was my big splurge, and I looked forward to it!

Then we made a trip to the oceanfront for Keagan's first of many trips. We both love the water and would gladly become beach bums if we could afford it, so it was only appropriate to take Keagan there and begin his love for the water! Here's a few pictures we took:
 If only we could've taken a whole family picture. Oh well...next time!
Steven took him out to the water while I stayed on the boardwalk with the stroller that wasn't going to make it through all of that sand. Steven said Keagan clung very close to him and was a little weary of the water. He didn't cry, but he didn't seem to thrilled to be there either.
 Aren't they sweet?

I'm going to miss being home with him when I have to go back to work on Monday. Steven took off for most of the week, and I've loved having all of this family time. This week will be a little crazy while I finish up the rest of my grad school work. I can't believe that next weekend it will all be done, and I will just have graduation left! After that, my parents will be in town because my mom finally gets spring break. She works in GA, and they get out completely in May, but they still are waiting to have spring break so late. Isn't that ridiculous? They'll only have 3 weeks left when they get back. I'll never understand the logic behind that...

No comments: