Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

11.16.2011

Pregnancy: The Ups and Downs

Lately, I've just been really ready for Keagan to be here. I mean, I've been excited about his arrival all along, but I'm just DONE being pregnant at this point. Here are some reasons why:
  • I'm back to not sleeping very well. Part of this also has to do with my allergies acting up, but it's mostly because my belly has gotten so gigantic that it's very uncomfortable.
  • It doesn't matter how I sit, my back and/or chest hurt.
  • Braxton Hicks contractions have started getting to where I notice, and I don't like them at all.
  • My MATERNITY tops are getting too short, but I refuse to go buy new clothes for the last month. I'll just keep cycling through with the same few tops that do still work.
  • I can barely tie my shoes, and I can only wear a few pairs still. Thank God for warmer weather that's allowed me to break out the flip flops.
  • I tried painting my toenails last week and realized once it was too late how ridiculous that idea was. I ended up having to spend more time cleaning nail polish from around my nails than I did actually painting. Pedicure trip needed soon!
  • I'm constantly tired.
  • I can't pick anything up off the floor. I tried to pick up pencils that my kids left on Monday and decided I should stop after feeling like I wouldn't get back up from the first one.
  • I'm tired of not being able to pick up things for fear that it's too heavy.
  • I want to go Black Friday shopping, but it's probably not the best idea.
There are other things, but I figure this will do. I need to get over it and try harder to focus on the positives anyway.
  • Friday is a half day for me so I can go to the doctor and find out if Keagan's ready to come!
  • I have a baby shower this weekend and another scheduled for the week after Thanksgiving.
  • I only have school for two days next week. Steven's going to come in on Tuesday and read to my kids, which should be fun (plus that's more time for me to sit back and relax).
  • Steven finally finished fixing the ceiling in our dining room, so our house is getting back to "normal".
  • Christmas is almost 5 weeks away!
  • Keagan is less than 5 weeks away (even shorter if he decides to come early)!

No comments: