Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

5.03.2012

Currently May

Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade! JUST posted the newest currently, and I'm so excited! With test prep right now, my brain is fried for new blog ideas. Last week, my mom came up for her Spring Break, so we got to spend the entire week together. Class is over, and I graduate next weekend! Then I'm just counting down to Memorial Day when testing will be over. After that, we have 2 1/2 weeks of school left. I'm ready for summer so I can spend time with Keagan and start creating things to put on Teachers Pay Teachers. I have a lot of great ideas and have been downloading plenty of free fonts.

Sorry for the rambling. Here's my currently:

So, the Lilly dress came from this AMAZING shop we have down the road from my house called Bargain Boutique and Giggle Me Green. They're open pretty much every other week for 3 days a week, and they are a semi-consignment shop. I say semi because they hand-pick everything that goes into the shop. Anyway, I think I've said before that one of my life-goals is to have a Lilly dress. This one was hanging up, and I had to try it on. It almost fits (size 2, yay!), so I'm hoping that I can get it zipped all the way next month. Something to look forward to! I googled to try and find a picture, but I'll have to take one later.

Last month I talked about using the myfitnesspal app on my phone. Still using it, but apparently I've hit a plateau. In March, I lost 10 pounds. This month, I managed to lose 3. It's been frustrating, but I'm hoping it will start picking up again.

As for my pageant title, I didn't feel like being overly creative on the title part. I actually did a few pageants in high school and got Miss Congeniality once (completely caught me by surprise. I thought we were all voting for someone else). The platform, however, is one of my biggest pet peeves. I get so sick of all of the entitlement that is rampant right now. My students feel like I owe them so much, and I'm set on teaching them to have responsibility and not expecting special treatment.

Okay, I'm ready for my full night of uninterrupted sleep. Hopefully my next post will be sooner!

10 comments:

oh' boy said...

oh my gosh you got a LP for that price!!!! wow!!!
thanks so much for linking up and get some good sleep!!!

Ashley said...

It is so different how entitled children feel now. When I was in school, it was so different! Good luck getting some rest. If you ever have a moment to spare, check out my blog. I am having a giveaway that ends tonight!

Ashley
Live2Learn

Rebecca said...

We just finished testing today! Whew! So glad it's over. Good luck with yours! We have 16 days left, and I'm already thinking about next year. lol I'm your newest follower. Come by for a visit when you get a chance!

Bloggy Blessings,
Rebecca

The Teacher's Chatterbox

BAK Pack Photography said...

Big Bang Theory!!! I could watch that 24/7!
Good luck with tests!
❀Beth Ann❀
Taming My Flock of Firsties
bakteach16@gmail.com

Jessica said...

Hi! Found your from the Currently linky. I am your newest follower:) Stop by and visit me...

learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

Tamera Wilson said...

Just found your blog through Farley's linky. I so agree with your platform. I had a little boy earn a trip to the treasure box & he didn't realize I was within earshot. He told the other 2 boys, "There's nothing but junk in here!" I teach FIRST GRADE! No appreciation!

Stop by my blog sometime.
:)
Tamera
http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

Hello Mrs Sykes said...

Super cute Currently! I am your newest follower. Come visit my blog sometime! :)
~Jen
Hello Mrs Sykes

Katie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog; I'm your newest follower!! I'm pretty jealous of your Lilly dress! I can't wait to see the picture. I've always wanted one, but haven't been able to convince myself to spend the money :/
Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

Courtney said...

SO obsessed with Big Bang Theory!!! :) Just found your blog through the linky party

-Courtney
2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com

Becky said...

I am now following you too!!
Becky
P.S.- I LOVE the big bang theory too!!!