We've had a fun, but busy day celebrating Easter! Our day began at 6:00 because Steven was serving coffee at church this morning, but Keagan woke up happy to find his Easter basket and enjoy a hot cross bun with daddy. I love that he's not all about things and gets so excited with anything he is given! When he saw his basket, he said, "Wow! I got a lot of stuff!" We explained that he was getting a gift because Jesus gave us the ultimate gift by dying on the cross and then coming back to life to pay for our sins and save us. I know he's young, but I want to start letting it all soak in early. We never made any mention of the "Easter Bunny", and I have no intentions of it.

Then we headed off to Remnant for a great service! Keagan was exhausted and crashed in my lap before even heading in to class, but he came out ready and excited to tell us all about David and Goliath. He's so animated and truly loves going to class with his friends to learn more about Jesus! Today, he said, "David hit Goliath with a big stone. Then Goliath shaked and CRASHED to the ground!" Oh, he also talks with his hands. Wonder where that came from? Surely not me...

After church, we headed to see Steven's grandparents for lunch. They always do an Easter Egg Hunt, and Keagan had a blast!

He eventually decided he had enough (I think the basket was starting to get heavy) and was ready to sit and enjoy a snack.

I put him down for a nap almost as soon as we walked in the door, but I did read to him and ask again what day it was. He excitedly told me it was Easter and was able to say that we celebrate this day because Jesus died and then came back to life! I always want him to realize that Easter can be fun, but it's about SO much more than that!
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great day! We don't do the Easter bunny either. The kids get baskets, but we've never told them they're from the Easter bunny! The kids always look at people funny when they ask them if the Easter bunny came!
Post a Comment