Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

11.26.2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I know some of you are groaning and cursing people like me at the mere mention of that word, but I LOVE Christmas! That doesn't mean I don't enjoy Thanksgiving or will forget about it. To me, Thanksgiving and Christmas go hand in hand. After all, what better thing to we have to be thankful for than Christ sending his only son for us to eventually pay the sacrifice for our sins?

We were actually a little behind this year because we had the house painted back in October, and it didn't get finished until Halloween. It took us a little while to get things cleaned and back the way we wanted. So we actually waited until about a week and a half ago before pulling it all out. Now all we have left is our live tree that we buy after Thanksgiving.


Keagan LOVES our Christmas village and was so precious when I first lit it up. Sorry for the no-pants picture, but his expressions are just so sweet. I'm cherishing the excitement he has this year because he is SO much more aware of what's happening. This will technically be his 3rd Christmas, but every year so far has felt like the first.


His favorite thing about the village is all of the people. On Sunday, I realized that he was gathering everyone around Santa for a "meeting" and had to grab my camera quick! He actually wasn't done at this point because he also grabbed everyone from the bottom level as well.


Today was my last day of work for the week, and I promise to do my best and take some pictures for Thanksgiving. We are excited to be staying home and spending time with family here. Steven's brother and family are coming in from Tennessee tomorrow, so hopefully the weather will end up nice enough (later tomorrow and the rest of the week) for us to enjoy some time with them outside as well!

No comments: