Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

7.15.2013

Jimmy Buffett and the Beach

Like I said last week, I'm going to try and post a little more frequently in this little blog of mine. We had a great weekend sans baby in VA Beach! Steven is a bit of a parrothead, so we bought tickets to the Jimmy Buffett concert Saturday night. We've been 3 other times, but this was the first trip with friends! The couple we originally were going with had to back out, but it just happened that our friends Grace and Jason were beginning their family beach vacation on Saturday and would have built-in child care AND lodging.

We met up around 5 so we could tailgate before going in to the concert. That was fun! Steven borrowed a little charcoal grill so we could have hot dogs along with some other snacks. We even made friends with another couple about our age, some older women who ate some of our hot dogs, and an officer stationed by us to help with crowd control (although things were tame where we were; just people tailgating and enjoying themselves).


After cleaning up, we grabbed our waters and gallon size bags of snack (mine had 4 cupcakes which caught a lot of attention) and headed out to grab some lawn seats. It's been raining on the east coast for quote a while (all the way up to that morning for us), but our officer friend told us they get a helicopter to come and essentially blowdry the lawn. It wasn't perfect as evident by our soaked butts, but it definitely could have been worse. Besides, we only sat before the concert started.


We had a few good laughs, especially with one older woman sitting in front of us who was feeling, umm, liberated? I got a video of her dancing, but we'll skip that.

After getting back to our hotel around 12:30, we woke up the next morning and headed to enjoy the beach before heading back. Since Grace and Jason were staying on the beach, they graciously invited us to just park at their house instead of paying for public parking. We had fun hanging out with them and their family until lunchtime and then headed back.
If you want a recommendation for brunch in Sandbridge, go check out Zest! It's right across from the fire station as you get on the island, and it was DELICIOUS! I'm sure all of their meals are good. I devoured my pancakes in no time, and Steven had something seafood related that he loved. I can't remember what it was, but it was really fresh. The prices were reasonable, and the staff were super friendly. We actually ended up talking to the manager for a while after she learned we had been at the concert the night before (she had, too, although they got to tailgate with the restaurant owner who apparently made everyone ribs that I'm sure were awesome).

Steven left this morning for a week long class in Roanoke, so Keagan and I will have to entertain ourselves until Friday. So far we're surviving and having fun. I'll share more about him tomorrow, though!

1 comment:

Grace said...

We had SO much fun! Hope you and Keagan have a good week and that it goes by quickly for you!