Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

7.16.2013

19 months

My silly boy is 19 months old today! It's only been a week since my last update, so there isn't much to add. I figured I would share more pics and talk about how we're spending our summer days.


Since daddy is also home this summer (with the exception of this week), we've enjoyed LOTS of family time! Can I just say I love being a teaching family? We can almost do anything. Keagan May be spoiled rotten by the time school starts back though. We have spent more time playing inside because of the rain (and now heat), but this boy LOVES being outdoors when given the opportunity.


He will throw his head back and give the heartiest laugh. I love it!


The swing is still his favorite when we make it to the park, but slides are moving up the list. Especially if he sees older kids going down them. We have to do what the older kids do.


Since it has been so hot this week, I decided to pull out the crayons and try them again. We have finally gotten to the point where he actually scribbles instead of trying to eat them. Rudy, on the other hand, ate the yellow. Keagan was especially fond of the orange, and he liked to gather crayons to give me. I noticed he was picking up all pinks and wonder if it was coincidence or if he noticed a similarity. We don't know any colors by name, but he is good at matching them.


He has started to show more interest in animals. Along with the cow sound, he now knows sheep as only sheep (not any animal he sees), dog, and sometimes cat (wow).

We started blowing kisses last week, and Keagan has become quite the lovebug since! Yesterday he crawled in my lap and showered me in kisses (still open-mouth and very messy). He also gives his stuffed animals big hugs and kisses. I even heard him in his bed giving kisses a few minutes ago while he was fighting naps.

We have been going to Mother Goose story hour for a few weeks now, and today we tried out Barnes and Noble. They had a puzzle with latches that he was fascinated by. I may have to make him one of those activity boards. Guess I'm headed to Pinterest later today!

I've learned that Keagan needs to get out of the house once in the morning and once in the afternoon. We had to make an emergency trip to Target yesterday after he had a huge breakdown, so I'm trying to plan things for the rest of the week. Mornings are thought out up to Friday, and tomorrow is all booked. I'm thinking about either going to Maymont or Stony Point for the fountains on Friday. Anything we can do that's free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the photos! Thanks for sharing.