We have been busy still (did I mention that we were out of town three weekends in a row), but things are finally starting to slow down a little. Today was my first official day of summer break, so we're all enjoying our summer now! I was hoping to post on Sunday, but we were running around celebrating Father's Day

Keagan with his TN cousins a few weeks ago
I am grateful that things seem to be slowing down, but Keagan is definitely not a baby anymore! He is very independent and prefers to run. He loves being a little social butterfly and will give high fives (bye bye) and fist bumps. I also taught him to say "Boom!" when he gives both!

Swimming in a pool Aunt Becky bought for him
**This is where my original post ended. Now we are only regular time - July 8.**
He LOVES water and scares mommy more and more at his lack of fear. When we went to the beach last Friday, he was running INTO the waves and dragging us along. That's quite a way from our trip in May where he would barely let the waves touch his toes before running away.
Keagan has also become quite fond of his fedora (also from Aunt Becky) and doesn't want to leave it for long. He'll just pick it up when we're home and wear it. For instance...

I guess he wanted to clean in style?
He also loves reading and can sit a little longer for books. He does best with "I Love You, Stinky Face", which is my FAVORITE one to read with him! Apparently it's his favorite, too, and he's starting to try and read it himself. He made my heart melt earlier this week when he grabbed the book. On every page, he would say "Mama, mama" and then do his typical jabber that I can't understand yet although the inflection is there like he's speaking another language.
He didn't read it quite as well in the video because he was distracted, but you still get the idea. Oh, and I promise he's usually in clothes. Just not when he's eaten watermelon or right after.
We're working on using a spoon and fork, although I think the trick is to take him to Menchie's. He is much more interested in the spoon there. The fork is more fun for him because he gets to stab his food. At least he's trying and using it occasionally at this point.

This was attempt #1. We went back this week, and he made a smaller mess!
He knows the cow sound and sometimes makes a sheep sound, but he would rather tell you what a car or truck says. We were looking at his color book, and he kept going back and forth between a dump truck and semi truck making the sounds! He's all boy, what can I say?
His favorite phrase right now is "What's that?", but he still loves to say "Bye", which has become "Bye Guys, see you later!". I can also now get him to blow kisses back to me.
When he plays (and we've been going to the playgrounds more frequently now that we're back home), he prefers running after older kids and doing what they do. He laughs and squeals the entire time. Not sure if he prefers the slides or the swings at this point, though. We did find a great playground that we'll have to start visiting more frequently at a nearby park. The one across the street from us is better for older kids.
He's pretty tall - 30something inches, and he weighs 29 pounds right now. 90% for both. We're up to a 6 1/2 or 7 shoe and pretty much in all 2T clothes. I had to pack up one or two 2T shirts that wouldn't go over his head though. His hair is getting really long, but we're not ready to cut it and lose his sweet curls. I think my mom would have taken him to get it cut this week if she had gotten the chance, though!
I feel like I've said so much that there won't be anything to update in a week, but then I remember how quickly he's learning! I'm sure I'll have something to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment