Anyway, we bought a couch and chairs from World Market with donations, but we were searching for an inexpensive fix for a coffee table and a buffet to serve the coffee from. We struck gold on a coffee table at our local Goodwill!
The table was old and scratched up, but it's a solid wood Thomasville coffee table. We took it home for $15! We wanted to give it a shabby chic look, so we bought some gray spray paint, dark charcoal paint from Walmart's "oops" pile as I'll call it, and some new, sleek-looking knobs.
Steven gave it a quick coat of spray paint first so that would be a layer when he roughed it up later. Then he painted it dark charcoal and sanded it some to make it less perfect.
And here's the final product. I'm in love with it (have to admit I kind of want to just keep it) and can't wait to see everything put together!
1 comment:
That is great. Steven told me a little about the coffe shop today! Wonderful job!
Post a Comment