Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

2.08.2012

Love Story Link-up

I'm linking up with Becky at From Mrs. to Mama for a Valentine's day questionnaire. There are questions for if you're single or married, but I thought it would be fun to participate!


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We met in March 2004 (on St. Patty's Day!) and officially started "dating" that May, so almost 8 years. That's CRAZY to think!
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Steven went to high school with my roomie, Sarah Jo, so he came down from VA to GA to visit her on his spring break. A bunch of us went out for pizza at Ingleside Pizza in Macon, and she left him there (she'd had a bad day and was NOT a happy camper). I gave him a ride back, and we ended up talking for quite a while. He left his screenname for us to keep up with each other, and after some more talking, we both discovered we liked each other. He had made a xanga post about this girl he met down in GA, and I remember smiling ear to ear while reading it because I knew it was about me! I actually found it here for you to read. We both thought it was crazy because we would be a long distance relationship, so we continued talking and getting to know each other before becoming an official couple when he came to visit me in May of that year. We're proof that long distance relationships CAN work, they're just hard.
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We got married on June 24, 2006. 6 years this summer!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married in Rincon, GA - just outside of Savannah - at the church where my daddy is pastor. It was a medium size wedding. As a preacher's kid, we didn't feel like we could really do invitation only, so we really had no idea how many people would show up. That was a little frustrating because we had to skimp on a few things, but the wedding was nice, and the important thing is that we were married by the end of the day!






5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Nothing interesting, but I call him "Baby" or "Babe" and he calls me "Beautiful" or "Hon".
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
His creative side, his playfulness, and his desire to serve others
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
We had talked about getting married and - in his defense - I know he had some great ideas that he was tentatively working out. However, he came to visit me in late October, and we were on River Street in Savannah. There were fireworks, which was weird because it was October 23 and we still have no idea what they were for, but he just felt like it was the time to ask me then. BUT there were lots of people around and he got nervous. So we headed to Tybee Island to walk a little, and on the way there - IN THE CAR - he turned and said, "So will you marry me?" I just looked at him and laughed because I didn't realize he was really asking me. I finally said yes, and then we walked around on the beach in a daze that we were really engaged. He did get down on one knee and put a ring on my finger when he came back to visit in early December, but there's  a story for that, too. We're just not a normal couple, I guess!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
Actually, we're not really much of V-day people, but he's more of a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy. He does sweet little things randomly through the year, so Valentine's isn't anything special. However, we do like to go look at cards and show each other which one we would pick if we bought one.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? I DO love the beach, so I'm going to have to go with the first. We do the second all the time (at least with watching tv)
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? We both love to travel and would like to go to Europe. It's on my bucket list!
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. As I said, we're not much of V-day people, so I don't know. We'll probably go out for a date on another night. Maybe Bonefish Grill and a movie or something.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? A laptop (I know, so romantic) only because we really need a new computer and our paychecks come in right around V-Day.
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Never go to bed angry. Talk about everything and truly listen to each other. And don't forget the little things - hand holding, going to the grocery store together, etc.
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.


No comments: