Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

1.27.2012

Postpartum Slim-down

I went to the doctor today for my 6 week check-up and got an official number on my weight. I was already concerned because I feel huge still, but I needed to know the actual damage. During the pregnancy, I gained 37 pounds. As of now, I've lost 11. :-(
I've always been very petite, so this is a big struggle for me. Plus I'm more than sick of my maternity clothes, so we're starting a big slim down right now! Unfortunately, since I had a C-Section, I can only do minimal work-outs. Still, we're joining the gym today and I'm going to do what I can. Our gym has a Cardio Cinema where you can do the treadmills, bikes, or ellipticals while a movie plays, and I figure I can handle that. At least the bike...
I'm also making a very difficult decision, but one that I know I'm capable of...I'm giving up sodas and sticking to almost only water for a while. I know this is a great way to cut back on some of the weight problems, and I've known I should do it for a while. Those of you who know me and see me, please help me stick to this. It will be very hard for me to do!
My goal is to be swimsuit-ready by summer and to be able to fit back into at least most of my clothes by the spring or at least end of school year. I've accepted that I may never get back to where I was because, let's face it, I was pretty tiny. But I want to get rid of the "baby belly" and go back to a flat stomach, even if I'm a little wider for the wear.
I'll try and do a weekly post updating my (hopeful) weight loss. If I can at least lose a pound a week, I'll be somewhat pleased. I've got 26 to get back to my original weight, but my more realistic goal is to lose 20 of it.

2 comments:

Saving Our Way said...

It's so hard to be patient with that baby weight after you have the baby. You are so ready to be back to normal again! Don't be too hard on yourself though. 9 months on & 9 months off :-)

(Or me who indulged a tad too much with my first pregnancy & then was never able to get rid of the last 10lbs! Hated that! I am working hard & doing so much better this time around!)

Sarah Jo said...

Don't be discouraged!! It took me about a year to get rid of all the baby weight. Nobody expects you to be in tip-top shape so quickly...having a newborn is hard work and time consuming! If you can't get to the gym or eat as healthily as you'd like, don't let it get you down. The weight WILL come off eventually...just probably not as quickly as you'd like. Thank GOODNESS life is not like Hollywood and you don't have to have six-pack abs and a tight butt 6 weeks after giving birth like the stars! =)