Good morning, blog friends of my mommy! I decided not to sleep (again) last night because I wanted to prepare mommy for going back to work. She has class today, so it should be a nice, LONG day for her! This is a picture of me a few days ago when I also decided sleep was for newborns...which I'm not anymore!
Mommy took me to the doctor on Thursday for my one-month check-up. I decided to show off for the nurses there and only cried a little, EVEN when they gave me a shot! Mommy and daddy can't say the same. They hate shots. I guess you want the facts from the check-up though.
I weigh 9 pounds, 8 ounces, and I'm 21 1/4 inches long. Daddy says I'm getting my "Reed cheeks" because they're getting chubby. I can still wear some newborn stuff, but I'm switching over to mostly 0-3 months. Mommy has to wash and make room for all of those clothes! I wear a size 1 diaper and 0-3 month shoes. I don't know if my newborn shoes ever fit, though, because I have my mommy's long feet. That's okay because I can still wear my suede moccasins that Aunt Becky got me!
I don't like to sleep through the night yet (as you've already seen). It's more fun to eat and then stay wide awake taking in my surroundings. I LOVE to look around and see what's going on. I also love car rides. Mommy and daddy take me lots of places, but I can't tell you much about them because I fall asleep in the car. I like the motion!
My favorite place to visit so far is my pawpaw's. He and grammy take care of me when mommy and daddy go out. They think I'm awesome, and I'm kind of fond of them as well! We play a lot, and they talk to me and spoil me. I think they would keep me all the time if mommy would let them! Here's a picture of pawpaw and daddy playing with me.
Other facts...I love bath time, don't really care about my pacifier that much, and sleep to the sound of waves. Mommy ordered monthly stickers (too late, as usual) from Little Baby Bumblebee on etsy, and she has ideas for my picture. She'll have to post that later though. She also JUST finished addressing Christmas cards (which are my birth announcement) and will be sending those out today. She gets a little behind on things. I wonder why...
Oh, I have my baby dedication at church tomorrow! Mommy's even skipping class (don't worry, she got permission) to come. I'm going to look so cool, so maybe mommy will post pictures from that too. I'm getting sleepy now, so I'm gonna head out!


1 comment:
Yes, please post pictures (and video, if you have it) of the baby dedication.
Love,
Granddaddy Rogers
Post a Comment