Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

7.09.2011

16 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights (I'm going to copy a few friends while keeping everyone posted)

How far along: 16 weeks and 5 days

Size of the baby: This week, baby is the size of an avocado.

Maternity Clothes: I have been blessed with quite a few hand-me-down clothes, mostly tops, and have bought a few things myself. I got two new non-maternity dresses that were flowy enough to work now, but I'm noticing that at least one of them looks a little weird because my belly now makes it much shorter in the front. Other non-maternity dresses and tops are too small in the chest area (which is a problem I've NEVER had!).

Gender: Don't know yet, but we will find out July 28. Steven wants a boy and keeps saying "he", which makes me want to go with girl just to argue. Personally, I don't have a real preference. I'd love to hear predictions though!

Movement: We think we've both felt the baby, but it's so minimal at this point that it's hard to tell.

Sleep: Not so much...I go to the bathroom right before bed and have to get up again right around 30 minutes after every night! It's driving me crazy! I toss and turn a lot, too. I've tried using extra pillows, but I think they just get in the way more than anything for me.

Cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary for me, but I do want cheese more often (mozzarella sticks, mozzarella tracks, pizza, just cheese...)

Symptoms: I have to sit with better posture because my upper abs start aching from being squeezed (I guess). That and I'm getting lots of headaches, which could be from sleep loss, heat, not enough water, anything...

Weight Loss/Gain: It's hard to know exactly, but I'll estimate that I've gained somewhere around 5 or 6 pounds by now. I know it's been at least 4, but I'm pretty sure it's been more than that. Not bad, but I've got a long way to go. The doctor wants me to gain at least 20, but she really wants 30...

What I Miss:  Not being able to wear all of my cute summer dresses. I really liked them, but they just don't fit at all...

Best Moment of the Week: Being able to hold baby Christian, my friend Christina's 3 week old boy. We met up with them for yogurt while on vacation, and Steven and I got to hold him. I wasn't a big fan of holding new babies because I was scared of how fragile they were, but now I want to hold all of them!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Finding out the gender. I've seen so many cute little baby clothes and things, but I can't buy anything until I know boy or girl.

No comments: