This week is VBS at our church (Mechanicsville Church of Christ), and I was in charge of games. My shorts aren't fitting and the belly band just wasn't doing it for me. So, I went to Destination Maternity in Short Pump. Love their tops and dresses, but other than a pair of jean shorts for $40, I wasn't finding anything. To me, that's a bit too much to spend on shorts I may not wear again after this summer. Strike 1.
Then I tried Macy's because I heard they had maternity (btw, it's in the lingerie section downstairs. I would've never found it had I not asked). Well, they carry more Motherhood brand. Same problems. Strike 2.
Kohl's has a small section. Strike 3. Done for the day.
I went to Old Navy at Willow Lawn on Tuesday and struck out again with the maternity (also very small), but I wasn't going to leave empty-handed, especially since I had a $10 off coupon for my birthday (yay Frugal Girls again!), so I ended up just buying regular shorts with an elastic waistband.
I did stumble across a great maternity consignment shop online that is actually based here in Richmond, and I may be ordering things from them soon. If you haven't heard of it, it's http://www.emommie.com/, and the prices are great!
Next woe to deal with - finding a swimsuit. I'm not looking forward to that, but I think there will be a trip to the Williamsburg Outlets very soon so I can find something!

2 comments:
Ahhhh!!! I'm just now tuning in to this - congratulations!!!! I'm super excited for you!!!
Totally feeling your maternity clothing woes - once your belly gets bigger, you can get some pants with a higher panel so that they'll stay on! I live in yoga pants/gaucho pants when I'm prego, though!
I get the maternity clothes thing!! Check Old Navy online and Target--in stores and online. Most of my maternity clothes come from those two stores. Skirts, whether maternity or not, are always a good option, too.
I'm not sure if I've told you congrats yet, but we here in Rincon are excited for y'all! Your parents are about to bust--which I'm sure you know! :-)
Post a Comment