Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

11.25.2015

6 months


I cannot even believe that my baby is half a year old already! Sometimes it seems like just yesterday, but at the same time, I barely remember life without him. Caffrey is such a sweet little boy, and I love watching him grow and discover.


He's starting to really fill out and has the cutest chunky cheeks and legs now. We don't go to the doctor until December, but I think he weighs around 18 pounds. He's also getting longer. It took a while, but his 3 month pants finally became too short about a month ago, and some of the 6 month pants are getting a little snug. We ran out of size 2 diapers and just moved him on up to 3s. 


We started feeding him baby food last week, and he now thinks he can eat anything he wants! It took him a few days to get the hang of opening his mouth for the spoon, but he caught on quickly. So far, he likes most things (except green beans), but sweet potatoes are his favorite!


Caffrey is officially rolling over, although mostly from his belly to back. I think he can roll the other way. He just doesn't want to. He can sit up for a few seconds if you prop him up just right, but I think he'll get even better at it very soon. He's always loved sitting up and being able to see what's going on. 


He is usually very happy and easy-going, although some days are fussier. We had been waiting for his first tooth to come in, and yesterday I noticed he finally has TWO bottom teeth that have broken through! I'm praying that will help with some of the pain. Caffrey also sleeps through the night almost all of the time. On Saturday, we put him to bed at 8 with his brother, and he didn't wake up until 7! I was in shock. I'm sure it has to do with him getting baby food now.

We are excited to celebrate our first Thanksgiving as a family of four this week. Steven's brother and his family arrive later today, and the boys can't wait to play with their cousins! I'll try to get some pictures and post later in the week. For now, here are a few pictures of Keagan at 6 months.



Click here to read about Keagan at 6 months.

And of course I had to share a few pictures with both boys.


Our neighborhood had a "Holly Jolly" a few weeks ago, and we learned that Santa actually lives right around the corner from us! I guess it's one of his stations ;-). Anyway, I was so impressed that Keagan would pose for a picture with him. He was a super nice guy!




No comments: