Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

12.16.2015

Happy Birthday, Keagan!

My sweet, little curly headed cutie is four today, and I almost cannot believe it! Keagan continues to amaze us and bring a smile to our faces day after day. He's a wonderful big brother, a caring son, and a playful and smart child.


He has learned and grown SO much that coming up with a post about everything he's done this year would be WAY too difficult. Instead, I broke it into lists inspired by those "stat boards" people buy for their kids birthdays. I added goals for this year mostly for my own benefit because these are things I'd like to work on with him.

Height/Weight: He's now 41 pounds and 3 feet, 4 3/4 inches (90th percentile for everything still). We have moved on to 5T everything or Boys size 4 pants.

They also checked his vision at this check-up, and he is 20/25 in both eyes. Not bad!

Things He Loves:
  • Reading
  • TALKING
  • Cuddling and giving kisses
  • Making his brother laugh
  • Going to the beach
  • Laughing
  • His fedora
Things He DOES NOT Like:
  • Foods that have a "stinky smell"
  • Being laughed at
  • People taking his hat
  • Sharing his bed
  • His brother getting shots (he's already very protective)
  • Anyone giving information he thinks is incorrect (I wonder where he gets that from...)
  • Being called "Little Steven" :-)
Favorite Toys: He still plays with Steven's Ghostbuster toys and Ninja Turtles some, but he has mostly moved on to Transformers Rescue Bots. He also is beginning to enjoy building things and now has blocks and some Legos that he really likes.

Favorite Foods: Doughnuts and peanut butter sandwiches

Favorite Color: His favorite color has been orange for a long time, but he informed us last week that when he turned 4, his favorite color would become green. This morning, he explained that his favorite colors are now orange and green. So I guess he's changing his secondary color?

Favorite Show: Transformers Rescue Bots

He Can:
  • Retell a few jokes and create some of his own (although they don't quite make sense yet)
  • Hop on one leg
  • Get himself dressed and put his own shoes on
  • Go potty on his own (FINALLY!)
  • Retell stories using pictures and his memory
  • Make up his own "spooky, scary stories", usually by the firepit ;-)
  • Count to 20
  • Say and identify his ABCs (although it took a WHILE to convince him it was "H,I,J,K" and not "H,I,K,K")
Goals for this year:
  • Write his name (actually, writing in general. I honestly haven't really started on it.)
  • Say please and thank you WITHOUT PROMPTING
  • Look people in the eye when talking to them
  • Draw simple shapes
  • Ride a bike (with training wheels)
  • Learn his address

We celebrated his birthday party on Saturday with a pirate theme because that is one of his MANY interests. He actually has told us since May that he wanted to have a pirate birthday party, so we delivered. It was so much fun!



Happy birthday, buddy! I'm so proud to be your mommy!


No comments: