Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

10.24.2015

5 months

Smiley is five months old today (I know, shocker, I'm on time!), and he's really starting to get big now. He's officially switched to 3-6 month clothes and fills them out nicely except for the pants. They're pretty long on him, so he still wears some 3 month pants, although those are getting too snug in the butt. I've run into a bit of a problem because Keagan was in shorts and short sleeves by this point, so I don't have many cold weather outfits for him right now.


Caffrey is all smiles these days and has even giggled for us a few times. He had a bad rash around his mouth (we think from drooling all the time), but it's FINALLY starting to clear up. Now it's more so just chapped, so we don't need to put Lotrimin on it.


He's also become very expressive I think Little Guy is going to be a talker like his big brother. He loves to stick out his tongue and be silly. Yesterday, he would make a pout face at me until I pouted back, then he'd get this really big, goofy smile.


He's starting to grab at more toys, and EVERYTHING goes in his mouth right now. Especially fingers and toes. He loves his feet and plays with them constantly. We're still waiting on him to roll over on his own, but I think he will sit without support before his brother did. I guess it helps when you don't have a huge head!


He sleeps through the night most nights, which everyone is grateful for. We also set up the high chair so he could join us at the table for meals instead of being in a bouncy seat on the floor. Soon we will start introducing baby food, but I kind of want to wait a few more weeks. Either when he's 6 months or sitting up independently.

And of course I have to compare back to when Keagan was this age, so here is one of my favorites from his 5 months. Click here to read about Keagan then.


And I just had to share a few pictures from our Halloween fun last weekend. We went to a Fall Festival at Fairmount Christian Church, and the boys were so cute! Keagan decided he wanted to be a knight, so I found this adorable dragon costume at Carter's for Caffrey. The knight costume is actually a Melissa & Doug dress-up costume.


Isn't he just the cutest knight you've ever seen? So proud of his Frankenpumpkin.


And this one just makes me want to pinch his little cheeks. I can't wait to parade them around on Halloween!



No comments: