Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

6.30.2015

1 month

So Caffrey is officially one month old as of last Wednesday. Can you believe it?

Stickers from MaddiesMomE

We went to the doctor yesterday morning and learned that our little guy (and I can officially call him that now) currently weighs 8 lbs, 9 oz and is actually 20 3/4 inches long. So we must have been off on the birth length because the nurse actually measured twice. Oh well, no worries there. He hasn't shrunk, that's for sure! He is in the 10-25% for everything, which is a big change from our first little chunker who stayed in the 75-90% most of his first year!

Caffrey has switch to mostly formula now, but he is eating well - about 3 oz every 3 hours. He has good nights and bad nights, but the good are becoming more frequent. We classify a night as "bad" if we have trouble getting him to fall back to sleep after a feeding or if it just takes FOREVER (like, an hour) to get him to finish one bottle. I was lucky, and most of last week he went right back to sleep for me no problem after each bottle. We typically have to get up twice at night (1-2 and then again between 4 and 5), so it's not too bad. I may even start going to the gym after his later feeding once I get doctor's approval next week!

He is becoming more alert and can hold his head up pretty well now. He loves to watch his big brother and will follow him with his eyes all over the place. We don't hear many coos yet, but he grunts a lot. He also loves to lay on his play mat and "dance" to the music.He does okay with tummy time, but he HATES baths and diaper changes.

Caffrey still is wearing newborn diapers and clothes, although they are starting to get a little snug. We thought about putting him in one of his cute 0-3 month hanging outfits for church on Sunday, but they were all WAY too big even looking at them held up to him. We may pull out the onesies and see how they will work, though. So far, his eyes are still blue, and it looks like we may have another redhead! His hair is much darker, but I'm definitely starting to see a lot of red when any light catches it. Maybe auburn?

I'm so excited to see him continue to grow and learn new things! We will be busy packing and moving in the next few weeks, but that also means you will be able to see at least some of the nursery soon. Right now Caffrey is still in a rocker in our room because there wasn't much point in taking Keagan out of the crib (we converted it to a toddler bed a while back) for just a few weeks and then moving him to a completely different room and bed when we moved. I'm ready to make the switch, though! I pulled out the baby monitor last week and started using it during afternoon nap time (when Keagan naps). I really want him to get into that same schedule for my sanity. Plus it gives me a chance to get some chores done. Last Saturday, they actually both napped for 3 hours at the same time, and it was glorious! Of course I wasn't so lucky today. I'm holding him while trying to finish this post...

I see so many similarities between Caffrey and Keagan. We've had multiple people accuse us of just recycling Keagan's baby pictures! I wanted to share a side-by-side comparison, and you can click here to read about what Keagan was up to at 1 month.

   

It's funny that you can actually see in the picture how much bigger Keagan was at this age, but Caffrey is already starting to catch up! They're only about a pound apart at this milestone!


No comments: