Happy Mother's Day! We have had a busy day beginning at church this morning and then going to King William for family lunch. Keagan actually rode a donkey while we were there!
Then we couldn't go home because we had a showing (prayers that we get an offer soon), so we went to Grammy and Papa's to take naps. That also meant our grocery shopping was postponed (yes, we still needed to do that on a Sunday night), so we didn't get home to settle in and cook dinner until after 7. We're becoming late eaters recently because I feel like every day has ended up busy like this for one reason or another. Anyone else?
Oh well, I think part of it is that the sun is going down so late that we don't realize how late it actually is. Even now, I'm just giving Keagan a bath when he should already be in bed. Anyway, I know you're probably here for my weekly update, so let me get started!
Pregnancy Highlights
Baby is about the size of a honeydew melon!
Maternity Clothes: Definitely everything. I was very proud to be able to squeeze into a small t-shirt for Field Day last week, though. It was just long enough to cover, but it was TIGHT across my belly! I didn't want to buy a new school shirt unless I could manage to "fit" into it for Field Day without it being too big for me to wear post-partum. Otherwise, I'm wearing dresses basically every day.
Gender: It's a boy! Caffrey James
Movement: Not quite as frequent, but he's also running out of space. Good news is that he FINALLY moved his head out of my rib cage! That has helped.
Sleep: It's getting a little rough. I'm pretty uncomfortable and have to sleep with a pillow between my legs. I also need one to prop under my belly, though. Steven is beyond over it, but he's been sweet about it.
Cravings: Sweets
Symptoms: My entire right side hurts. Apparently Caffrey has no desire to shift his weight (all 5.5ish pounds) to the middle or share with the left side any, so my right leg is getting a little tired of bearing all the weight. That ankle swells some, especially when I'm outside in the heat a while (like on Field Day).
Weight Gain: I'm guessing 32 pounds. My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday, so we'll see officially then.
What I Miss: Not being sore. I had been doing great up until these past few weeks, but now I'm almost always uncomfortable. I also haven't been able to do my BodyPump classes and don't think I'll make it to any more before Caffrey arrives. Maybe that's a good thing with how sore I've been. I don't know...I'm just ready at this point!
Best Moment of the Week: My coworkers threw a baby sprinkle for me on Friday, and it was so sweet! I stocked up on more diapers and wipes, and Caffrey got a few clothing items and toys of his own. Now I need to start making room for everything!
What I'm Looking Forward To: This week begins the weekly doctor appointments! It's crazy to think we're that close now!
As you can see, my belly had really begun to stick out a lot in the past few weeks! Hence the turtle picture above.
Read about 36 weeks with Keagan here!




1 comment:
Thanks for all the updates! Looking forward to hugging you and holding Caffrey in early June!
Post a Comment