Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

12.04.2013

Four Gifts: Wear and Read

4 Gifts, a blog series about changing the way you gift. Simplify your Christmas. #4gifts #christmas #holiday #christmasshopping

If you're just tuning in, this is the second part of 4 Gifts: a great way to look at gift-giving. I posted all about it last week when I shared the "wants" and "needs" section, so you may want to look there if you don't know what this is all about.

As I mentioned last week, we're going VERY simple for Christmas this year because there really isn't much that we want OR need. With Keagan's birthday in less than two weeks, he really doesn't need much at all. Clothing-wise, I've been buying him a few things here and there to make up for what we don't have in hand-me-downs that were generously given up to age 5! However, there was one fun "wear" purchase that Steven had to get him:

I actually went to link up to the exact shirt, but it looks like it is now sold out. Good thing I bought it a few weeks ago! It was on sale at Old Navy, and I went ahead and had it shipped to us (along with a few new sweaters for Steven to make free shipping). He'll love that to go along with his Stay Puft ornament that he's been carrying EVERYWHERE at home!

As for "read", I used Scholastic Book Clubs to get great discounted prices on books (and collect points for my class). If you don't know who Mo Willems is and you have younger children, go check out his books! He wrote the pigeon books (which is the inspiration for my teacher blog name: Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late), but he also has a series of Elephant and Piggie books that I've grown to love for even younger children. They have become my go-to present for baby showers! Keagan already has a few that I have collected (along with the stuffed animals we were given)...


..but I wanted to order one of his newer books. This was the ultimate winner!


Steven and I sat and read it in Barnes and Noble. Very cute! The big guy is a whale who is lonely and wants to play with someone.

Tonight we're going to Bass Pro to try and get a picture with Santa. Prayers that Keagan cooperates and doesn't completely freak out! We've been working on learning who Santa is so he isn't quite as scared. We'll see!

1 comment:

Bethany K @ BeforeDuringAfter said...

I love that sweatshirt/tshirt! So funny. Has Keagan seen Ghostbusters? Will he?? It's a classic.

And thanks for the tip on the Mo Willems books! I am always looking for new books! I think his are for older kids (not BABIES), but it's something to tuck away for the future.

Good luck with the Santa pic :)