Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

12.14.2012

Making Christmas memories

Before I share, please take the time to pray for those who were affected by the Sandy Hook tragedy. I have felt sick to my stomach ever since I heard about it at school this afternoon. To think that someone could do that just completely baffles me, and I am at a loss for words. When that happens, I know the best thing I could do is just pray. God knows what we're thinking even when we can't muddle through our own thoughts.

I wanted to share a few pictures from the last two weeks. Tomorrow we're having Keagan's birthday party (He'll be 1 on Sunday. Can you believe it?), so it will be a busy, but fun day!

Keagan's not a fan of Santa (at least not after having to wait in line and being a little sleepy)

His Uncle Wade bought him a toy phone for Christmas (we exchanged gifts with my parents tonight). He LOVED it! Maybe this means my phone is finally safe?

Some more gifts

 We went downtown to the James Center in Richmond to see the lights. Keagan hadn't been down there yet. He loved it, so it's definitely going to be a tradition. We'll have to make it to the grand illumination again next year. We missed it this year.

And here's a sneak peak for tomorrow. I'm so proud of myself for making this! I did the banner on Powerpoint and then bought some wrapping ribbon to hang it. The snowflakes are from a tutorial I found on Pinterest here. They are so pretty, but they're really time consuming. I quit after 3 (one is HUGE and hanging in my classroom), and I may have even enlisted the help of some of my 5th graders to get them finished.

Hopefully it won't take me too long to get the photos up from his birthday. I still have a full week of school next week, but then I'm off for break and should have enough free time to do it. We're staying here for the break.

No comments: