Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

7.29.2015

2 months

Can you believe this little guy is two months old already? We went for his check-up yesterday morning, and he's staying true to the "little guy" label, remaining in the 25% for weight (10 lbs, 13 oz) and head circumference. Although his daddy's height is starting to come through. He grew two inches since last month and is now in the 50th percentile at 23 inches!

We finally outgrew newborn clothes and diapers, although not all of his 0-3 month clothes fit yet. I'm still trying to figure out his eating habits, but he usually wakes up around 1 and 4 every night to eat. Sometimes he sleeps longer, and I would love it if he ends up cutting out the 1 am feeding soon! Last night he only woke up to eat 1 ounce, so I think it's coming!


This was a roller coaster month for Caffrey and us. We began the month discovering that he had an inguinal hernia. In a little less than two months, we were already scheduled for surgery to have it removed. Thank God for doctors who moved things around in their schedules to get him in so quickly! He was in so much pain, and it was really tough. Of course, moving 3 days before surgery didn't make it easier. I know I personally was completely overwhelmed, and that made it even harder on Steven.

Now Caffrey is like a different child! He's been exploring new sounds beyond the newborn grunting, and it's so cute! We have a lot of coos and even some tongue clicking (at least that's what it sounds like). He loves to sit up, with support, obviously, or sit in his bouncy chair and kick. He just wants to take everything in! We also get the occasional smiles, like this one that I managed to catch. Nothing big, yet, but it's still cute and sweet.


Since we've moved, his nursery is finally coming together. I haven't taken pictures yet because I still want to get artwork and a rug in there first. But I did take a few pictures on his fun car sheets (Pottery Barn Kids). I love how bright and colorful they are!


Keagan still just adores his baby brother. He loves to talk for Caffrey and wants to kiss him all the time. He can't wait for Caffrey to be old enough to play with him and/or talk to him, but he is enjoying this time of loving on his baby brother as well. I've been so pleased with how he acts around his brother and couldn't ask for any better. They are going to be best buds (at least for a little while)!

No comments: