Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

1.28.2015

21 weeks AND a long overdue Keagan update

I really hoped to be better at this, and maybe I will be, but at least getting an update in every other week isn't so bad. We recently decided we wanted to move, so the past few weeks have been full of getting the house ready (it will be finished Friday when they come to clean the carpet) and searching online or driving around looking at potential houses. So fun, but it takes up a lot of time.

I got my hubby to take a picture today (my belly is really starting to pop since last week), but my sweater really blends in with the wall. If you can see it, you'll be able to see how much it's grown in the past month. It's crazy!


Pregnancy Highlights
Baby is about the size of a banana!

Maternity Clothes: Although I'm DEFINITELY showing now, I'm still wearing my non-maternity pants (with a belly band - it's a must at this point) or leggings. And the outfit above is actually all non-maternity! I had an exciting moment over the weekend when I pulled out my black maternity pants I bought with Keagan and realized they were huge on me. Although this means I may be in search of more pants unless it gets warmer soon. I'm going to try and go without as long as possible.

Gender: It's another boy! We're thinking Caffrey James.

Keagan is thrilled to be getting a baby brother. We had community group that night, so I made something blue to announce it. Steven got a kick out of the irony in the chosen dessert, but I swear it wasn't intentional!



Movement: I was thinking I had felt him for a while, but he's really started making himself known in the past week or so. Sometimes I look down, and I have an odd bulge on one side of my belly. And at night, he starts doing somersaults! Steven even felt him for the first time last night.

Sleep: Once I fall asleep, it's not bad at all. The problem is falling asleep. It had just been that I would get so itchy at night, but now my belly is getting uncomfortable, too. We may be digging out some extra pillows soon. 

Cravings: Still nothing specific

Symptoms: The itchiness is the WORST! It's especially bad on my feet right after a shower. Is that normal? And I can't sit for long at all without it hurting. Good thing I move a decent bit at work.

Weight Loss/Gain: 10 pounds. It was right at 20 weeks with Keagan that I started to blow up like a balloon with swelling and weight gain in general, so I'm really pleased that it hasn't happened yet. Trying to drink plenty of water!

What I Miss: Hmm...I've really been getting almost everything I want this time (just in moderation instead of going crazy), so I don't know that I miss much. Being able to sleep comfortably and maybe not having to tug at my pants to keep them up? Yeah, I miss that.

Best Moment of the Week: Just seeing Keagan get so excited about his baby brother. Today he was talking about selling our house so he could get his big boy room and big boy bed, and he told me, "Caffrey is going to have my bed."

What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting this house sold and being able to move in and decorate with a little more space. We're trying to find somewhere with an extra room that can be the boy's playroom/guest room for when my family comes in town.

And if you want a comparison of how I looked/felt this time with Keagan, click here.

And since it's been WAY too long since I posted any pictures of my sweet Keagan, here are just a few from the past month or so:

He loves to chill and do puzzles on the Kindle. We've gotten pretty good at them!
He also loves to take pictures. This was my first "selfie" with my iPhone. I was very proud!
Becky got some great pictures of Keagan and Jonah, his cousin. He loves "his baby Jonah"
And we also got to spend some time playing with his cousin, Bristol, when we went to MS for Christmas. She will be 1 in just over a month, but that was their first time to meet. He had a lot of fun with her!

I need to be better about taking pictures of him, but honestly we spend a lot more time playing. He's into EVERYTHING boy, although his biggest obsessions right now are Ghostbusters, Ninja Turtles, and Paw Patrol. He actually is getting another Paw Patrol toy tonight because he is finally starting to poop on the potty! We're still not ready to put him in big boy pants, but I can finally see an end in sight. Of course, it will be about the same time we start with diapers for Caffrey, but at least we probably won't have two in diapers.

He's such a sweetheart, and his vocabulary amazes me! Last week, Keagan told us that he had to clean up his toys so he could spin his "rotors". Oh, he's obsessed with helicopters, or "a-hopters" as he says! 

I know he's going to make such a great big brother, and I can't wait to see how they become best friends!

No comments: