Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

9.29.2013

Fun at the State Fair

The state fair began a few days ago, and we were very excited to take Keagan on his first trip! He's been so interested in animals and vehicles that we knew he'd enjoy it. The weather was nice and we had our day free after church, so we headed up to Doswell after naptime for some fair fun.

 Keagan's favorite stop was definitely the cows. He said "cow" the whole way to the fair and would "moo" or laugh every time he heard one.
 The goats were a close second, and he squealed the whole time we were in there! He kept calling for them, but when one finally got close to say hi, he jumped and cried. The fear only lasted a few seconds before he was back to the gate!
 You can see how excited he is to see all of the animals here. When we left the goats, he told them "Bye! Good day!" Don't you love his manners?
And of course, I had to get a picture with him! I tried to get Steven in on this, but he was wiped by this time. At least he stopped and let me get it. I was going to put Keagan beside me, but he was too short. Still, I love that they had these photo props for a fun little picture! They had another with cotton candy and one with a horse's tail that we passed. This was a definite winner in my book! Secretly, I can't wait until he's a little older and we "have" to ride some of the rides. I need an excuse to do that part!

The fair as a whole wasn't as great as I feel like it was back when it was at the raceway. We missed all of the huge produce that they used to have (largest pumpkins, etc), and we never saw any pigs. Plus it was really crowded and expensive ($15 per person). But I'm glad we were able to go for a little while. We may not make it out every year, but it was still a fun first to experience!

No comments: