Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

9.21.2013

21 months

My sweet boy turned 21 months earlier this week, and I can't believe how quickly time flies. In less than 3 months, I will have a 2 year old on my hands! (Warning: these pictures are a little mixed up, but they're all from the past week)



The weather has just started to cool off in the last week, and we are enjoying as much time outside as possible. Keagan would spend all day out there if we let him! It's nice having our neighborhood playground just across the street for a quick trip! We also love to go over to Grammy and Papaw's to play outside in their sandbox or swings.


And yes, the hat still goes almost everywhere with him!

Keagan is stringing more words together every day, and he copies everything we say with the same inflection and everything! Yesterday at the sitter, when she said it was time to clean up, Keagan said, "Okay, I'll vacuum." Then he grabbed the toy vacuum and did just that! He also calls for bananas by name and will eat 2 in the morning sometimes (fortunately it doesn't cause any problems). His appetite is coming back, and I wonder if that's because he was able to cut some of his molars. I have trouble seeing that far back in his mouth to tell.

Trying to steal one of daddy's tomatoes (not like we can't afford him to waste one)


We now know eyes, ears, mouth, hair (he says and identifies), hands, feet, and tongue. He still makes the same animal sounds, but rooster and dog are his favorite. He LOVES trains and will pull us to the tracks when we go to Ashland. Train Day has already been marked on our calendars, and we need to take him on a train ride (maybe a day trip to DC?).


Keagan still wears 2T, although the pants seem a little long. I need to search for his fall clothes in the attic and try the pants on him. Right now we have a lot of shirts but only 3 pairs of pants. He can still wear shorts most days, but I want to see if I need to buy pants or not. He's in a size 8 shoe and size 5 diapers still.


It was hard getting back into the routine of school after being home with mommy and daddy all summer, but we have finally adjusted to being back at the sitter! Now he actually fusses a little when we come to get him in the afternoon. Next week, to of his old church friends will be joining him at the sitter, so I know he'll have even more fun!


This weekend is mommy and Keagan time, so we went out to a hay maze with some friends this morning. Keagan had fun running through the maze, although he wanted to hold my hand for a while and have me lead him.

Running through the maze

Posing with Emmy

Single shot - although he wouldn't look at me

1 comment:

Bethany K @ BeforeDuringAfter said...

Cute! I love those little Sperry-looking shoes.
When are you going to post a video of him sounding like a rooster? :)