The weather here has been more similar to fall recently, and we've been enjoying as much time outdoors before the rain comes again tonight. Keagan loves the slide and has begun to do some more climbing on his own. Usually, he will go down the slide on his own now and does really well with it!


He says please (peas), zero, one, three, five (not sure why it's just the odd numbers), thank you, Paw (for Papaw), Rudy (oo-ee), mom (not momma), daddy (which is the longest word in the world for him - at least 3 seconds), okay, and asks "you okay?" along with everything he was already saying and those things we haven't quite figured out yet. He copies a LOT, and I hear him saying letters with the cartoons on PBS. I think he has actually identified B and D from his little toy barn, and he also can identify 0 and 3 from a playground toy.
Keagan now is in size 8 shoes (what?) and wears mostly 2T, although I can put him in 3T shirts. He still wears size 5 diapers.
He's a little fish! We have been to the pool, beach, and even the lake one weekend. Now he doesn't mind too much if we let go and his feet don't touch the water. We will be signing him up for swimming lessons next summer for sure!
We also finally gave in and took Keagan for his first haircut this month. It was getting so long that it wasn't curling on top anymore. He wasn't a big fan of going, so I had to hold him. We were both covered in hair, but I like how it turned out!
Here's a reminder of before (sorry I don't have many without the hat)
They gave him a car to play with, which helped (sorry for the glare)
Immediately after (see how mad he is?)
And here's one from my camera without the glare
The curls are still there as long as we don't brush it too much. It makes him look even more like a big boy! I'm really gonna miss having him home with me all the time when he goes back to the sitter tomorrow...




No comments:
Post a Comment