Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

2.22.2013

Sickness

I know it's been a while since I've posted. Life has been a little crazy here recently. I'm home for a sick day for the third time since last Monday, but today it's for me.

Last Monday, I took Keagan to the doctor for an ear infection. We got the meds, and I thought everything would be fine. Well, Wednesday night he broke out in a rash. So I stayed home Thursday to take him back to the doctor. This doctor (who I'm adding to my list of NO thank you) said that he was either allergic to the Amoxicillan or it was just a rash from being sick. Fine. But then he said since the ear infection was gone, he would just recommend to stop giving the meds. I wish I had pushed for him to prescribe something new to keep it out of his system, but I didn't.

So I get a call from Steven before I leave work that he's headed to Patient First. He ended up having a viral infection (not the flu like he thought, so that's good because this mommy didn't get the flu shot. I know. I'm terrible), so I needed to pick Keagan up from his parents. Well, before I could even make it home, I got a call from Steven's mom that Keagan had thrown up 3 times. So I called his doctor and got an appointment for him. Turns out he has a really bad ear infection. So we have new meds for him, and hopefully we will get our sweet, playful Keagan back. Ever since last week, he doesn't want to do anything but be held. It's so sad.

I took him to the sitter today and hope he starts feeling better soon. I told the sitter to call me if he kept fussing (he was screaming when I dropped him off), but hopefully I can make it to the doctor before. I'm sick of Patient First and decided to actually schedule an appointment with my actual doctor (who I haven't seen in a few years). Now I'm waiting for a call back with an appointment time to see what the deal is with me. I just have been having stomach problems and have felt weak. Plus my appetite is pretty minimal. I haven't been able to meet my minimum calorie intake since Monday (with the exception of Wednesday). On the plus side, I made it to my weight goal! But this isn't exactly how I planned on reaching it. (I was about 1.5 pounds away before I got sick, so I haven't lost too much).

Okay, going to relax while I wait. Plus the hubs needs the computer.

No comments: