Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

3.16.2013

15 Months

I can't believe my little guy is 15 months old today! He's grown so much, even since he turned one. Steven made the comment today, "When did we get a little man, and where is our baby?" He's getting so handsome! The hair is starting to come in thicker, and it looks redder every day. Not so much in this picture, but when the sun hits it, you can see it!


He loves being outdoors, and I'm so glad the weather is starting to warm up! We've been taking more walks, and Keagan really can enjoy his wagon Gran got him now! He also will never pass down a chance to swing. We live right by our neighborhood playground, so I've taken him over a few times to swing. Not a fan of the slides yet, though!

I'm packing up the last of the 12 month shirts because the arms are too short, and we're beginning to even fit into 2T. Some 18 month shirts don't fit now because I can't get them over his head. Otherwise, length is the issue we run into. As far as shoes go, he's in a size 6. I found the cutest suit (2T) complete with a shirt and tie for $20 at Bargain Boutique a few weeks ago and am hoping he'll even be able to wear it for Easter this year. We went looking for outfits today and weren't thrilled with much else. However we did find this cute little shark hat. I don't know if you can tell, but it's got a fin on the top. His daddy was thrilled and wanted to take him with us to the Jimmy Buffett concert later this year!


Keagan is chattering away all the time (mostly unintelligible at this point), but there are a few words we make out: bye (or Bi in a slightly southern accent) and hi, mama, daddy, uh oh, dog, and ball (not as much recently) are the most common, but we have heard a few others.

He still eats like a beast and has become better about not dropping everything on the ground. He has a sweet tooth like his mommy, but his favorite foods right now are Honeycombs, watermelon, bananas, and cereal bars (especially blueberry). We have officially weened him of the bottle after having fit after fit whenever he saw them and I finally packed them all up and threw them upstairs. We had bought some cheaper take and toss sippy cups, but the lids come off. I love the one he's holding in the picture above. 2 pack at Target for about $6, and I will be going back for more. The others spill all the time!

Keagan is going to bed around 8 and sleeping until somewhere between 6:30 and 7:00. He was NOT a fan of the time change, but he's adjusted now. We began taking him to a sitter about a month ago and love her. She lives close by and watches four other kids about the same age as Keagan. He has struggled with not being the center of attention and still occasionally screams (I mean, red face, blood-curling screams) when she leaves to change another baby's diaper or something like that. We're making improvements, though. He doesn't do it all the time now, at least! 

Steven takes him for his 15 month check-up on Tuesday, so we'll have to see what his measurements are now. I'm assuming he's still around the 90th percentile. He's a big boy, but he's my little sweetie and I adore him so much!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

He is really getting so big and handsome!! Can't believe how fast they grow.