Have you ever seen this game? SO funny! You have to do something ridiculous (and usually pretty easy - like demonstrate how you would shave a cat or tell "an officer" why you were speeding), but then you get a curse card to give to anyone else in the game. They have to follow that card for the rest of the game. The curses can range from "Pretend your arms are only 3 inches long" to "Tell an outrageous lie every time you read a card." It gets pretty hysterical! Last night, I had to talk like a pirate, bite my tongue when I talked, echo the last word of everything I said, and copy every move my neighbor did (she had to pretend she was in an earthquake and shake violently every time I talked AND pretend she was using an air guitar when she spoke). Not a bad way to waste some time!
We also bought a new car! Mine was pretty much dead (haven't driven it since our church women's banquet where I thought it was going to break down in the few miles to and from church), so it was time. I had been hoping it would last until at least this summer where I could buy a brand new Ford Escape. But things happen, and we had to buy while Steven's working only part time. I am very happy with what we found. Here's a picture from the dealership website:

It's a 2007 Chevy Equinox in a deep plum color. Plus it only had 54,000 miles on it, which will be helpful. It drives SO much smoother than my Tribute ever did!
Tonight we had the duck that we were supposed to bring for dinner last night before we ended up spending ALL DAY at the dealership getting my new car. I've been wanting to try duck for a while, and Kroger was carrying it over the holidays, so we bought one.

Steven found a recipe online and spent most of the afternoon cooking it (this isn't his, although it looked basically as good. I told you I need to get better about taking pictures). I tried it, but it wasn't quite my thing. Keagan, however, devoured it!
As for new year's resolutions, I want to lose the last 5-10 pounds. I did really well with my weight loss in 2012 (right around 21 pounds), but I've still got some more work to do. More than the pounds, I want to feel like I'm more in shape. I bought the Zumba DVDs and will be getting them in by the end of the week. I'm actually going to cancel my gym membership because I get so bored and it's too hard to get there with Keagan anyway. Instead, I want to try to be more active with the DVDs, small dumbbells I already have, and just general activities that I can do any time.
Alright, I'm done with my mini-novel. Tomorrow's my last day of break, and I plan on relaxing and spending time with Steven and Keagan. Happy new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment