Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

8.19.2008

Judging others


Why are we so quick to think the worst of people and drag their names through the mud?

I was watching Rick Warren's interviews with Obama and McCain on Youtube because I missed them Saturday night and was very interested in seeing what they had to say in that kind of situation. I had heard that there was a debate on whether McCain had heard the questions ahead of time because he was in a car on the way there when Warren had said he was in a "cone of silence". Still, I think that Rick Warren has proven himself to be an honest, trustworthy person, so I believe him when he said that he thought McCain was already there by that time. It was an honest mistake and completely harmless in most people's opinion.

Anyway, I'm watching the videos on Youtube and notice that someone has posted a comment saying that Rick Warren needs to admit that he lied in order to help McCain do better in the campain. I just don't get how some people are so stubborn to think he did it maliciously when he's never shown that type of behavior in the past. Why can't we be a little more trusting, especially when we haven't been given a reason not to be. (Btw, I did reply with something of that nature directly to the person on Youtube. I just don't think it's fair for him to say that.)

No comments: