Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

5.07.2013

Summer is in sight!

I feel like things have been so crazy recently! Well, it honestly feels like life has been in turbo drive ever since I became a mommy, but you know what I mean. This school year seems to have flown by, and now we have 28 more school days left. Crazy, right? I mean, I know some schools are out this month and I'm jealous of that until August when I still have some summer left. But with this new position, I'm basically done in a week! Yes, a week. We start SOL testing (nice name, huh?) next Thursday, so I will be helping with that and not pulling groups anymore. 

Anyway, when I'm not at school, I'm enjoying watching this little dude grow into a toddler. 

This is what his Aunt Becky bought for him to wear on May the 4th.

I can't believe how big he's getting! I'm starting to make sense of some of the the words he's trying to say. The kid has a vocabulary! I just don't have the ear to figure it out. I know we've heard "I love you", "night, night", "momma", "daddy", "whatcha doin", "banana", "watermelon" (or something similar to it), "thank you", "I don't know", and his new favorite, "No, no, no!" He says so much more, but that's all I can remember for now. We're working very hard on "please", but no luck yet.

He also gives high fives, bops his head to say "oh no", touches foreheads (or head-butts) and shakes his head against yours, and sticks his tongue out (my fault, but it's so cute!). He loves to laugh and make people laugh, and he loves his dogs. Both John and Rudy now really enjoy him and love to let him pet them. 

Keagan sleeps through the night on a regular basis. He goes to bed around 8 and wakes up right around 7. Sometimes he will sleep in, which is amazing when it's on the weekends. He takes one nap in the afternoons and wants to play hard once he wakes up.

Sometimes I can't wait for him to reach a new milestone, but I know I'm going to miss the phase he's in right now. It's such a fun time. Hectic, yes! He's into everything, and the little fits he throws can make me want to yank out all of my hair. But he's so cuddly and sweet, and he's such a curious little boy. It's just fascinating to watch him right now.

3 comments:

Mary Rogers said...

This just made me cry. I miss seeing him do all these things. Thanks for sharing. We love you.

Mary Rogers said...

This just made me cry. I miss seeing him do all these things. Thanks for sharing. We love you.

Mary Rogers said...

This just made me cry. I miss seeing him do all these things. Thanks for sharing. We love you.