Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

3.04.2012

Postpartum Slimdown and a haircut!

I finally got sick of my hair and chopped it off! I've had short hair before, but it's been quite a few years. Steven prefers long hair, so I've kept it at my shoulders or longer since we've been married, but I found a hairstyle that he approved of and went for it! My sister took a picture while we Skyped yesterday, and then I got one of those dreaded mirror pictures this morning so it wasn't so blurry.
 Keagan looks like he could really care less in this one!
Don't you love our VERY green bathroom? This is our downstairs one, and it always causes conversation when people come over.

Anyway, I haven't said anything about my weight loss the past few weeks because it hasn't happened. I had been stuck at 129 for two weeks until last Sunday when I gained two pounds in one day! (Did you know Steak n' Shake Double Chocolate Fudge milkshakes have 950 calories alone?!) I was very distraught and finally decided it was time to count calories. I downloaded the free myfitnesspal app on my phone and have been counting since Monday. I've already lost those 2 pounds and 3 more! I'm hoping now that I'm really watching what I eat along with working out when I can that it will start coming off much quicker. 
You really should try this app if you're wanting to lose weight. It keeps me accountable for everything I put in my body. Usually when I go through the office at school and people left food in there to get rid of, I'm one of the first ones to grab some of it. One day this past week, there were brownies and pizza (two of my favorites). I thought about it, but I knew that I didn't have the extra calories to spend, so I passed them up! I've also caught myself a few times going to grab a piece of candy and deciding it just wasn't worth it. I have indulged some (one pepsi and a DELICIOUS piece of chocolate truffle cake that my father-in-law bought), but I make sure if I go over my daily allowance, that I at least stay close and will do some jumping jacks or something to help it get closer. We have a wedding to go to in GA on March 24, and my goal is to be able to fit into a dress I already have. Maybe I'll actually get there!

1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

I think your hair looks precious.