Pages

Books You'll Love to Read With Your Little Ones

12.05.2011

38 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights
Baby is about the size of a watermelon


Maternity Clothes:  Still all the time. I did buy some comfy sweatpants that are non-maternity so I can wear them now and after Keagan's here. I also got a robe for the hospital, but this belly will have to go down a little before it's actually comfortable. I'm just hoping the swelling all goes away quickly...moms, how quick did it go down for you?

Gender:  It's a boy! Keagan Drury

Movement:  Still moving a lot, but that head is fortunately staying down and only moving further down.

Cravings:  Whatever I can get my hands on, especially (almost) anything to drink

Symptoms:  Major swelling and aches everywhere

Total Weight Gain:  43 pounds. Only 1 more than last week, so not bad.

What I Miss:  Being able to move without being in pain and feeling like I need a crane to lift me.

Best Moment of the Week:  Finishing my semester of class. This will free up a lot of time, and I can focus on getting everything finalized in my own classroom. Btw, my long-term has already visited the room, and I've got lesson plans written. My goal for this week is to have all papers run and ready for her. We're getting there, and I think I could even finish it tomorrow!

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Having time to finish getting the house ready for Keagan to get here!


Sorry, no picture again. I'm just too tired to do much of anything right now, and class this weekend definitely didn't help. The good news is that today I finished almost all of my thank you cards, and now I'm going to grade some papers so that can be done by tomorrow!

3 comments:

Saving Our Way said...

Thinking of you in your last weeks/days. :-)

Sorry about your swelling. Keep up with your water intake & put your feet up when you can. I bet you find the swelling drops quickly once school is out & you have time to rest (if you are still pregnant then!).

Can't wait to see pics of his sweet face when he makes his arrival!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the advice! I'm trying to prop my feet up at night when I can, but we're on the go so much that they just stay swollen. Oh well, less than 2 weeks left!

Christina and Trey said...

I know you are getting excited! I doubt it will take too long for the swelling to go down. I didn't have that much swelling last time, but that is what I have heard. Also, I heard that after you have the baby to prepare to be around the size you were at 6 months pregnant. That seemed true for me. You'll probably lose it all pretty quickly....epsecially if you breastfeed!